In general compiler has an option to profile C code on Visual C++ under Build option
For this option to be enabled we need to follow below steps on windows.
- Go to windows start on task bar.
- Go to run.
- Type ‘regedit’
- Click on HK_CURRENT_USER in registry editor.
- Go to softwares->Microscoft->DevStudio
- In general depending up on the VC version you can see a folder with that version (If you are using VC6.0 you can see a folder with name 6.0)
- Then click on folder ‘general’.
- Do a right click and create new DWORD values with name ‘ProfilerInstalled’ and set its value as ‘1’